Medical Scientist in Charge – Histopathology – Royal Hobart
As part of a team delivering high quality pathology services in accordance with the Agency policy, legal requirements and relevant professional competencies, the Medical Scientist in Charge – Routine Histopathology will provide high level support to the Medical Scientist in Charge – Anatomical Pathology in the provision of:
- Leadership and direction in the strategic development and management of the Routine Histology Laboratory.
- Effective management of specified human and physical resources for a team of scientists and technicians delivering a pathology service.
- Day-to-day management of the section, including scientific and technical activity, staff and equipment resources, and is expected to solve the more complex technical and scientific problems as they arise during the routine operation of the section.
- Expert advice to the Department Management Group on matters of staff performance and operational objectives and is expected to facilitate department objectives.
Note: – Please refer to the Statement of Duties for all the selection criteria of this position to address in your application.
- The Royal Hobart Hospital is Tasmania’s main teaching hospital and receives referrals for services such as neurosurgery, cardiothoracic surgery and neonatal intensive care.
- Hobart has a thriving arts community, offers a multitude of dining experiences, and is a hub for scientific research. Whether you’re into the world’s best mountain biking, hiking through stunning landscapes, or relaxing in a day spa overlooking the ocean, Tasmania has it all.
- A relocation allowance may be available for the right applicant.
Details of Appointment
Permanent, full time, day worker position working 76 hours per fortnight, commencing as soon as possible.
$120,114 – $130,181 per annum + 11% superannuation + access to salary packaging
You’ll have access to salary package a range of benefits including living expenses up to $9,010 + $2,650 in meal entertainment each FBT year + other benefits if eligible.
Successful applicants will be required to meet the essential criteria:
- Satisfactory completion of an appropriate course of study at a recognised tertiary institution
Applicants should note the following criteria are desirable:
- Five years’ experience in Routine Histology or equivalent
- Relevant post graduate qualification e.g. PhD, FAIMS or MSc
How to Apply
Please visit the Tasmanian Government Careers website at:
Applications Close: Sunday 11 February 2024, 11:55pm AEST
For more information contact:
Position: Medical Scientist in Charge
Phone: (03) 6166 8771
The email account you provide when submitting job applications will be used in correspondence to you. It is important that this is kept up to date and monitored regularly.
To update your email address (or contact number), log in to www.jobs.tas.gov.au and look for “Existing applicant login” where you can update your details.
The Department of Health values workforce diversity and recognises the value each person offers which is shaped by their unique characteristics, background, experiences, knowledge, skills, values and perspectives.
Click here for the Advertisement